Invention & Intervention: Blending Research with Practice to Develop Effective Media for YouthMay 25 2017 | San Diego, CA
Open to public: Yes
Category: Cooney Center presenting
By bringing together media producers, industry researchers, and children’s media scholars from around the world, the intent of this preconference is to:
- provide guidance and information to academic researchers on the types of research currently conducted within the children’s media industry;
- identify how academic researchers might be influential in conducting research that will drive more impactful media productions;
- and brainstorm ways to facilitate improved communication between researchers and (media) practitioners.
This daylong preconference (lunch included) will include three panel sessions with research scholars and industry leaders as well as a keynote luncheon speaker. Speakers will include:
(1) World-renowned children and media scholars with experience bridging research with practice;
(2) Scholars (PhDs) who currently work in the children’s media field that can speak to the influence of their formal training in their industry research;
(3) Industry leaders and developers who are successfully incorporating research into their design process (with an emphasis on media exemplars designed to improve the health and/or well-being of youth today).
Speakers have experience across various media, with an emphasis on interactive media (i.e., online content, videogames, app development) and transmedia applications.